In The Crew 2, players are able to modify the performance of all vehicles in-game (except for the Proto A500 helicopter) by applying performance parts from loot that can be won from completing events, finding loot boxes in free roam and from leveling up in-game. Occasionally, loot may also be won from the LIVE Summit.
Performance customization can be found in the main menu as well as in the customization tab in the Home of a player whenever they are near a vehicle.
- Common parts (green color) - completely stock performance parts
- Rare parts (blue color) - performance parts with one slot affix
- Epic parts (red-violet color) - performance parts with two slot affixes
- Legendary parts (yellow color) - performance parts with two slot affixes and a set bonus.
All parts except for the common performance parts features an affix or two that will give players a percentage bonus that they can use to their advantage when racing in-game. All affixes features a range for how much an affix can be boosted and is dependent on the rarity of a part. The rarer a performance parts is, the greater is the range to boost an affix.
Do note that recalibration doesn't always give out a higher percentage rating and may actually give a lower percentage instead (as shown). The amount of spare points and in-game bucks it takes to recalibrate an affix goes up for every recalibration that the player does, however, there is a max cap set in place. If a player replaces the part with another part, the costs for recalibration will reset.
Players can additionally also increase the affix performance by combining performance parts with icon points.
Apart from rarity levels, a performance part also features a rating level. Newly started players in a discipline to the game will be rewarded with low rated parts before they progressively get better rated parts by doing more events until they get the maxed out rated parts.
The parts of a vehicle that can be modified depends on its type, these are:
|Cars & bikes:
Boats & hovercrafts:
- The Fame Magnet - Multiply the followers earned by 2.
- The LIVE Reward Sniffer - Multiply the LIVE Reward density by 2.
- The Loot Digger - Multiply loot earned by 2.
- The Nitro Chemist - Multiply the Nitro duration by 2.
- The Score Breaker - Multiply points in skills by 2.
It is also possible to alter the characteristics of a vehicle such as altering the traction control, ABS as well as balancing the suspension and tire grip of a car and etc. These settings can be found in the pro settings tab of a vehicle.